|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Can't touch this."
—MC Hammer, "U Can't Touch This"
MC Hammer, hip-hop's first Large Ham, born Stanley Kirk Burrell (1962-). He is mostly famous for his dance hit "U Can't Touch This"  and for bringing Rap into the mainstream. In fact, along with Vanilla Ice, he practically was mainstream rap from about 1988 to 1992, when people started taking notice towards Gangsta Rap and decided anyone who had an act like Hammer's was a sell-out, and his popularity plummeted almost immediately. Nowadays, he's a Pentecostal minister, and he has a TV show, Hammertime, on A&E.
Tropes That Apply To MC Hammer:
- Anyone Remember Pogs: People actually did wear MC Hammer-inspired Hammer Pants while the fad lasted.
- Celebrity Toons: Hammerman — named after another alias for Mr. Burrell — where Hammer is a superhero with magical shoes. The opening theme will fill you in on the finer details.
- Drop the Hammer: Stop! Hammertime!
- Large Hammer: Very much so.
- New Sound Album: The Funky Headhunter.
- Signature Song: "U Can't Touch This."
- The Cameo: MC Hammer actually managed to get in a video game... as a hammer, in the japanese version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
"You got the M.C Hammer!
- A song owing a lawsuit-inducingly large amount to Rick James' "Super Freak"