1. Michelle Rodriguez's closet is filled wall to wall with nothing but black tank tops.
Latin-American (mother Dominican, father Puerto Rican) actress, best known for playing badass characters (that are often in the army or an officer) in movies such as The Fast and the Furious, Resident Evil, Avatar, and Machete. She also made a brief foray into television by playing--you guessed it--a badass cop character that dies in Lost. Tends to die in movies, but at least in a badass way.
This actress provides examples of:
- Chronically-Killed Actor
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Spicy Latina
- Typecasting: Her roles don't vary much. See this Cracked.com article for an analysis.
- When She Smiles
The characters portrayed by this actress often provide examples of:
- Action Girl
- Badass Spaniard
- Ms. Fanservice: Try to find a movie where she's not.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- Spicy Latina
- Unkempt Beauty: Often portrayed as a greasemonkey or other character type who usually stays or otherwise looks dirty.
- Vasquez Always Dies: Tends to die in movies, but in ways that make Eastwood look like a pussy.
- One exception is Liz Ricarro from IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix, and that's because it's a racing anime intended for kids.
- S.W.A.T. has her shot, but survive, remarking to buy stocks in kevlar.
- Her character Luz dies in Machete with a bullet to the eye. Turns out to be a faked death as she returns as La Résistance leader "She".
- Has a deeply badass death in Avatar.
- Aversion: Despite playing the Vasquez role again in Battle: Los Angeles, she manages to survive the entire movie.
- Dies in Fast and Furious as a plot device to fuel Dom's return to the series. A post-credits scene in Fast 5 hints at a possible Aversion
- Wrench Wench