|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
We welcome you to Down Town and while you're in your coma,
Stu Miley is a cartoonist, whose life is looking up. He's recently sold Monkeybone to the network, and he's about to propose to the girl he loves. And then, he went into a coma. He wakes up in Down Town, a whimsical dreamlike place between life and death, where nightmares are big business. And guess who's waiting for him? Monkeybone, his Figment. He's stuck in Down Town, waiting, until Death gives him a ticket out. However, he finds out the plug's about to be pulled on him, so the pair sets out to steal an Exit Pass. However, once they've snatched it from Death, Monkeybone reveals himself as fed up with being just a figment, and, with help of Hypnos, God of Sleep, uses the pass to become Stu in the real world. Hypnos plans to use Stu's body to distribute nightmare juice- a chemical that causes nightmares in people and animals. Hilarity Ensues as Death sends Stu to stop Monkeybone, in the body of a deceased Olympian.
- BLAM Episode:
- Black Comedy: Involving Stu taking the body of a organ donor (played by Chris Kattan).
- Fish Out of Water: Monkeybone in Stu's body.
- Grand Theft Me: Monkeybone to Stu, and Stu in a dead gymnast.
- Grim Reaper: Seperate from Death herself, who is played by Whoopi Goldberg
- Large Ham: John Turturro and Brendan Fraser as Monkeybone.
- Mind Screw
- Naked People Are Funny: A guy who rips off his clothes after sniffing the Oneirix.
- Nightmare Sequence: Many. Oneirix, which is literal Nightmare Fuel, is part of the plot.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: A Stephen King stand-in (credited as "Man in the Dungeon"), who claims Cujo took the place of the original.
- Petting Zoo People: Miss Kitty, the waitress of Down Town's bar, is a cat-girl.
- Punny Name: S. Miley.
- Rage Against the Author: Monkeybone himself dislikes Stu, and steals his body.
- Refuge in Vulgarity
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Monkeybone is this, but with stop-motion.
- Shout-Out: Stu is wearing a Nightmare Before Christmas wrist watch.
- Show Within a Show: Monkeybone is from one.
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?