House of the Dragon Trailer - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- One could always tell which wrestlers REALLY fit the "Mr. Fanservice" trope, because they would make Lilian Garcia grin like a Cheshire cat when they entered the ring during their entrances. Jeff Hardy, The Rock, John Morrison, John Cena and Shawn Michaels pulled this off consistently, and The Rock even played on it by flirting with her on the mic more than once. Bigger, more Badass wrestlers didn't have this effect on her, even if they could be considered very attractive (Triple H, Batista, etc).
- Subverted by Scott Steiner-- he's tried to hit on women (in kayfabe) and failed hard at least twice.
- Arguably most wrestlers in WWE could be underwear models, unless they are particularly Gonk.
- 'TNA's Jeff Hardy. Watch any of his matches, wait for him to tear off his shirt, and brace yourself for the onrushing wave of girlish squeals of delight that issue from the crowd as a result.
- John Cena, too. Listen for the crowd reaction when his theme music dies down - all the cheers are high-pitched, all the boos are low.
- Randy Orton. Further proof that All Girls Want Bad Boys.
- I think I'm cute. I know I'm sexy. I got the looks, that drives the girls wild. I got the moves, that really move them. I send chill up, up and down their spine...
- Promoter Jerry Jarrett used the term "blowjobs" to refer to pretty-boy wrestlers brought in to attract females.
- Frankie Kazarian is a dead ringer for Antonio Banderas. He also looks damn fine in suits.
- John Morrison and his abs! I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to do laundry on those...
- The Miz used to see himself as this and to a much lesser rate, still does. Whether or not the female fanbase sees him as this too is up for debate.
- Zack Ryder definitely sees himself as this too.
- Alex Shelley, both hot and snarky.
- Jack Evans became huge in Dragon Gate because of his good looks and Pretty Fly for a White Guy persona. You can always make out a collective Squee of Japanese fangirls when he walks into the ring.
- Evans seems to invoke this anywhere he goes. It's even followed him to Mexico's AAA promotion, and is part of his popularity there.
- Tyler Black, best known for his work in Ring of Honor, has certainly not suffered in popularity from being a broad-shouldered and extremely attractive man with just a touch of All Girls Want Bad Boys in his favor.
- A lot of Japanese promotions have been trending toward having a lot of these in recent years. Pro Wrestling NOAH's push of KENTA and Marufuji as heavyweights, despite their diminutive size, was motivated by their Bishonen looks; Dragon Gate absolutely loves the good-looking guys, with BxB Hulk being the most famous.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling has Hiroshi Tanahashi, the embodiment of this trope in Puro.
- Jimmy Jacobs, living personification of The Woobie.
- Val Venis, during his first run in the WWF/WWE.
- What about Venis's partner in the Right To Censor faction, The Godfather/Goodfather? He was the only Superstar in WWE history to have a "Ho Train"!
- Wade Barrett. Tall, Dark and Handsome, with a lovely British Accent. Judging from the reaction he gets from the majority of the IWC's female half, he's the milkshake that brings all the girls to the yard.
- AJ Styles is well built, cocky and athletic with a distinctly boy next door look to him.
- Rey Mysterio, Jr., you may not see his face, but his body is like whoa.
- Hot as hell Scotsman Drew McIntyre.
- Paul London and Brian Kendrick. They're on the lean side, but wear masks, have long hair, piercings--well Paul was shown wrestling once with a lip piercing--and love goofing around. Props to the fact that they were trained by Sexy Boy Shawn Michaels himself.
- CM Punk!
- Edge for a long time, from his start as the brooding sexy blond in a sea of more war torn wrestlers, all the way to his Rated R days. Even Christian to an extent, which is why the Brood was taken out of the Ministry of Darkness and eventually doing a Heel Face Turn on Gangrel (who's also a blond but are for people with interests in older men), too many fangirls love blondes apparently.
- Cody Rhodes, especially during his "dashing" persona.
- Dwayne Johnson, especially with hair.
- Even The Undertaker has his share of fangirls, believe it or not.
- Chris Jericho, to the point where he was booked to wrestle in Germany because the promoter's daughter enjoyed a picture that Jericho sent.