|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A favorite of movies and movie trailers, this is a montage in which various characters get hurt in various ways, the "ouch" moments falling right on the beat of a fast-paced (usually classical) musical piece — or "Yakety Sax" — such as the Can-Can or Sabre Dance.
- WALL-E had a sequence in which a love-struck WALL-E tries to impress Eve, to the somewhat-unlikely accompaniment of Louis Armstrong's "La Vie en Rose".
- Space Chimps.
- Madagascar, Surf's Up, and The Wild.
- America's Funniest Home Videos.
- The Benny Hill Show uses now-Standard Snippet "Yakety Sax", and a very fast-paced version of "Fur Elise".
- Part of the end credit sequence from God Hand.
- Tom and Jerry.
- In the Beetlejuice episode "It's A Big, Big, Big, Big, Ape", Beetlejuice invokes one of these to cross a stretch of dangerous jungle.