|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
New Super Mario Bros. U is the fourth game bearing the New Super Mario Bros name, following New Super Mario Bros Wii and New Super Mario Bros 2. It will feature Baby Yoshis with distinctive abilities, an acorn power-up that turns you into a "Flying Squirrel" form, and the ability to play the game as your Mii. There is also a "Boost mode" utilized by the Wii U GamePad that will create platforms and assist in multiplayer sessions. Finally, there will be Miiverse integration, with various players' comments on levels or deaths coming up when appropriate.
- Asteroids Monster: There are big Goombas that split into smaller ones when stepped upon.
- Balloon Belly: The purple Baby Yoshis which act like another blue hued Yoshi long ago...
- Bubble Gun: The blue Baby Yoshis act like this.
- Continuity Nod: Slanted pipes, slanted rocks, Munchers, Baby Yoshis, the style of the overworld, Spin jumping and the Flying Squirrel's moves...
- Co-Op Multiplayer: It works exactly like it's predecessor, although there is no word on online co-op.
- Light'Em Up: Like its adult counterpart, the Yellow Baby Yoshis light up dark rooms.
- Not Quite Flight: The Flying Squirrel power up acts like the Cape Powerup, and it can also cling to walls.
- Powerup Mount: Yoshi seems to be rideable again.
- Scenery Porn: You have to be crazy to say it doesn't look better than New Super Mario Bros Wii.
- Shout-Out: A Big Boo's Haunt area has a background inspired by Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night.
- Super Title 64 Advance
- Video Game Settings: