|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A group of employees at a brokerage firm in Seoul are relocated to a very remote branch office in the village of Saengchori. They bring a mystery with them and find another in the village. Once Upon A Time In Saengchori is an offbeat comedy mystery.
Tropes in this show:
- The Big Damn Kiss: A big damn important kiss, it solved some problems, and caused others.
- Closed Circle: Leaving Saengchori isn't impossible, sometimes.
- Confusing Multiple Negatives: So what was Jo Min Sung saying about Yoo Eun Joo anyway?
- Corrupt Hick: Figuring out who to trust can be tricky in Saengchori.
- Diabolical Mastermind: Who is that guy in the car?
- Dogged Nice Guy: Han Ji Min is a really nice guy with a secret.
- Ensemble Cast:
- Establishing Character Moment: Each character gets these early in the show.
- Establishing Series Moment:
- Everyone Is a Suspect: Yoo Eun Joo has to take some calculated risks towards the end of the series.
- Fate Drives Us Together: Yoo Eun Joo and Jo Min Sung manage to run into each other in some of the weirdest places.
- First Kiss: Late at night after much soju. It was electric.
- Hidden Villain: The man in the car.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Such a nice guy, too.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: like knock out a skill set or...
- Loads and Loads of Characters:
- Love At First Punch: Sort of.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: For this guy's problems, it seems like it.
- The Needs of the Many: The head of the village decides that certain sacrifices must be made to protect the village...
- Never One Murder: In fact the show starts with a couple all in a row.
- Quirky Town: Saengchori is quirky and there hides a secret.
- Serial Killer:
- Start to Corpse: The show starts with that first murder.
- That Didn't Happen: Yoo Eun Joo and Jo Min Sung have a hard time sorting things out.