|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Falcon Pain: "Every ad I've gotten today has been for V. Perhaps our ad banners are just the beginning..."
Related to One-Letter Name, works with a One-Letter Title are exactly that: works that are titled with a single letter, of whatever script.
26 Latin Alphabet Examples:
- A is an album, a Jethro Tull one.
- b is a tabloid by the Baltimore Sun.
- C is a language, that's good with runtime.
- D is a Bollywood film about crime.
- E! is a network for gossip when bored.
- F is a series of trucks made by Ford.
- G. is a movie, one that's quite "grand".
- H. is a hit by a "Tool"-ish rock band.
- i was a network, now ION TV.
- j is a label that's owned by Sony.
- K is a record, Kula Shaker twirled.
- L titles a film, while Changing The World.
- M is a picture that stars Peter Lorre.
- N is a game where a ninja gets glory.
- O is Othello, except in high school!
- P was Johnny Depp's band. Pretty cool.
- Q is a flick about a flying snake.
- R. is a CD that Kelly did make.
- S was a short-living group of K-Pop.
- T is a Mister that cancer can't stop.
- U is by Pearl Jam, released in 'nine-eight.
- V has an alien metaphor. Great.
- W.'s a biopic of George Bush Two.
- X is a manga that CLAMP did debut.
- Y is a comic about the Last Man.
- Z ends our list with a big junta ban.
More examples below, except not in verse.
And because they are not, it is so much better.
More Latin Alphabet Examples:
- a: A tripped-out conversation novel by Andy Warhol.
- Do not ever mention /b/.
- C: A well-regarded 2010 Tom McCarthy novel.
- An anime, fully titled C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control.
- D: A horror game released in 1995.
- A French BD about vampires (guess what the D stands for).
- G: John Berger's Booker Prize winning novel about "G", a Don Juan-like figure.
- H: An Elizabeth Shepard found-document novel about an autistic boy's letters from summer camp.
- I: A song by Black Sabbath. Kiss also did one, but the fans won't admit it. Neither will the band, who even forgot how to sing it.
- i: A news-digest of The Independent.
- Also, an album by The Magnetic Fields, where appropriately enough, all the song titles start with "I".
- L is a South Korean movie.
- M is a non-fiction book by journalist John Sack, detailing his time with M Company during the Vietnam War.
- N is also a short story by Stephen King.
- Also an album by Finnish metal band Norther.
- O: the title of Oprah's magazine, a Cirque du Soleil show, and an anonymously penned novel about the 2008 presidential election.
- 'O' is also the title of a 2006 Eiko Shimamiya Album
- Q is an arts and culture radio talk show on CBC hosted by Jian Ghomeshi
- S is the US title of a Boys Love Genre Light Novel series
- S. is a 1988 John Updike novel
- U: One of the songs by ~W.A.S.P.~
- V is also Thomas Pynchon's first novel, and despite all the other weird things in it, it is decidedly alien-free.
- W: Georges Perec's memoir of his time as a Jewish child in Nazi-occupied France.
- X: a science fiction space simulator series by Egosoft.
- Y: The first album by British band The Pop Group.
- Z: A real-time strategy game by the Bitmap Brothers.
- There's also a Polish novel titled Z., with the dot.
Non-Latin Alphabet Examples
- ? is an episode in the second season of Lost.
- Ё (Yo) is a Russian planned hybrid electric car.
- In-universe example: in a soviet comedy "Операция „Ы“ и другие приключения Шурика" (Operation Y and Other Shurik's Adventures), Ineffectual Sympathetic Villains trio call the planned operation"Y": "so that nobody would guess it".
- By Mieczysław Porębski