|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A gaming magazine in Australia, which is focused primarily on (shocker) PC gaming. It first began in 1997, and is still one of the most read gaming magazines down under, along with sister 'general gaming' magazine Hyper.
Home to Theo (the Shambler from
Unreal Quake, who has a kitten called Xanatos) the Yellow Boots (a man with sweet yellow boots, and his crazy ex-third-flatmate) and the Guerrilla Gamer (the older, wiser, drunker game reviewer)
Also has a forum, which tries to promote intellectual discussion on series issues, before degrading into 'the Official MS Paint Duck Thread'. Was also home to Local Man Vs. God, one of the more epic tales on the internet.
Tropes associated with PCPP
- Acceptable Targets: Hyper. Console Gaming. Casual Gaming.
- 8.8: Deus Ex Invisible War.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Scores out of 100 to scores out of 10. Cue nerd-rage.
- New forum. Cue nerd-rage.
- The art in the magazine shifts. Cue nerd-rage.
- The Xbox section. Cue nerd-rage.
- New editor. Cue nerd-rage.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With Hyper. Most of the time.
- Long Runner
- Magazine Decay: Arguaby the reason for many of it's new features. Some more well liked than others.
- The Scrappy: Anyone from Cybergamer.