The most famous, and probably longest-lived, female dwarf in show business, Patricia Anne "Patty" Maloney was born in 1936 in Perkinsville, New York. She has worked in various entertainment media since age 3. She frequently appeared with Billy Barty in both films and television.
Patty's best-known TV roles were Honk on Far Out Space Nuts, Chewbacca's son on The Star Wars Holiday Special and Darla Hood in the Hanna-Barbera animated version of The Little Rascals. Her film credits include Under the Rainbow, The Ice Pirates and the 1991 film of The Addams Family.
This troper maintains a Patty Maloney fan site.
- Cool Old Lady: Children are often impressed by seeing a woman their own size driving a car, wearing makeup and high-heeled shoes, etc.
- The Danza: She played Patty the bartender on the Goodlife Television series Cafe DuArt.
- Dinky Drivers: Patty averts this trope. She once recalled that whenever she bought a new car, she needed fittings for the extensions and seat cushions.
- Fiery Redhead
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!
- Hazel Eyes
- Little People Are Surreal: Her role in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "The Thaw".
- She's Got Legs: As shown in two of her publicity photos, circa 1954 and 2005.
- Significant Birth Date: True to her Irish heritage, Patty's birthday is March 17.
- Suppressed Mammaries: Patty often had her chest bound in order to portray a little girl.
- Talking to Herself: In the Little Rascals episode "Beauty Queen for a Day", Patty did voices for both Darla Hood and her Beauty Contest rival, Dolly Van Dumpling.