|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
When a character audibly sniffs another character, indicating they have an unhealthy attraction to them. Usually smelling hair or discarded articles of clothing.
- Krillin sniffs a diamond that was in Bulma's crotch in Dragon Ball.
- Wataru did it to Isumi's stole in Hayate the Combat Butler.
- Kosukegawa sniffs Motoko's bra (which snapped when Motoko's Split Personality Mikiri took over her body) in Change 123.
- Jack Rakan and Chamo at least had an excuse.
- When Gene first fights Suzuka, he makes her stumble by grabbing her sash. It comes off and he proceeds to unabashedly sniff it, much to Suzuka's embarassment.
- In Rebuild of Evangelion, Mari sniffs Shinji and says he smells good, like LCL.
- Black Butler II: In the first episode Alois basically flirts with Sebastian via leaning into him and smelling him, pronouncing that he "smells good".
- In Koharu no Hibi Koharu does this in regards to Akira who she's Yandere for and doesn't want to forget his smell.
- In chapter 14 a top No. 6 official sniffs Dogkeeper's neck (instead of resorting to Lecherous Licking like in the anime) because he thinks she's a prostitute much to her disgust.
- Fruits Basket: In episode 5 there's a rather funny scene where Shigure sniffs a strawberry decorated towel that Tohru left behind. Yuki and Kyou beat him up upon seeing this.
- In Hekikai no Ai ON, Sheila smells Tatsuya's necktie at the loneliness of the infirmary. Hilarity Ensues when Tatsuya enters.
- In Sukisho episode 2 Yoru smells the perfume that Ran applied (he was forced to dress up as a princess).
- Alec Trevalyen does this to Natalya in Goldeneye.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: When the tramp steamer captain is trying to bluff the Nazis into thinking he killed Indiana Jones in order to get Marion, he takes a lock of her hair and sniffs it.
- During a party scene in The Dark Knight The Joker circles around Rachel and appears to sniff her.
- The elevator scene in Final Destination 2.
- Occurs with Clu to Quorra in Tron: Legacy.
- Paul Gallier does this to his estranged sister Irena in Cat People (1982 remake). However, they are, of course werecats and it's a part of their animalistic bonding ritual. Paul wants Irena to be his mate.
- Debbie in Devil In The Flesh a dangerous Stalker with a Crush for her teacher sneaks around his house at one point and sniffs his shirts in his closet.
- Ever After (film): Monsieur le Peu a Stalker with a Crush to Danielle sniffs her hair after he buys her.
- Harry Potter: Scabior, the head Snatcher in Deathly Hallows to Hermione. After he captures Hermione, he calls her "My lovely" and sniffs her hair.
- Blade Runner, While Priss is in J.F. Sebastian's apartment, she sniffs him while he's sleeping. She had acted (and would later act) in a seductive way toward him.
" Any officer caught sniffing the saddle of the exercise bicycle in the women's gym will be discharged without trial."
- In the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Shadow", Spike enters Buffy's room while she's not home and sniffs one of her sweaters; when confronted, he claims it's a "predator thing."
- A sign of Angel's breakdown in Season 2 when Darla has been giving him Erotic Dreams -- at one stage he's standing behind Cordelia and starts sniffing her hair, causing her to run off. "Personal space bubble!"
- Mad TV: In the first "Can I Have Your Number" sketch, Darrel at one point sniffs the girl he's hitting on.
- A character on Victorious has done this to Tori, Jade, and the principal of their school.
- Two and A Half Men: Charlie did this in the beginning of "No Sniffing, No Wowing" to one of the paralegals.
- Papa Lazarou in The League of Gentlemen once sniffed a lady's hair.
- Boardwalk Empire: Agent Van Alden is so obsessed with Margaret Schroeder that he once stole and sniffed her hair ribbon.
- Oz: Keller once smells his boyfriend Beecher in "A Cock and Balls Story" and says that he "Smells Sexy". (the smell being Beecher's fathers aftershave).
- Niles in Frasier likes to sniff Daphne's hair (when he's not going with the Longing Look), though of the non-perverted variety.
- Homestuck has Terezi, a blind troll who uses her advanced smelling and licking abilities to see and whop massive amounts of ass with her cane. It creeps some out, but for others...
- Super Effective: Blue/Douche takes his Catch Phrase "smell ya later" too literally.
- Frollo sniffs Esmeralda's hair in the Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Family Guy:
- Quagmire sniffs a lady's shoe.
- Herbert tells God all he wants is one sniff of Chris' cap. Along comes a gust of wind, and Herbert's wish is fulfilled...except now he wants more.
- Brian performs the normal "dog sniffing another dog's rear" greeting, but being "more person than dog", everyone looks at him like he's a perv.
- Australian politician Troy Buswell got in trouble after he sniffed a female colleague's chair.