|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Using a long piece of string tied to a 10,000 yen note, Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy / Square Soft top dog) managed to lure Akitoshi Kawazu (Final Fantasy II's designer) away from the Final Fantasy division of the Squaresoft office building and set him up elsewhere, giving him the SaGa series to mess around with (like that Simpsons gag where Marge bakes a separate birthday cake for Homer to ruin)."
RPG series by Square Enix. In North America, the first three games were released as part of the hell-raisingly popular Final Fantasy series under the name Final Fantasy Legend. (Similarly, the first Mana game was released as Final Fantasy Adventure).
The series consists of:
- Makai Toshi Sa Ga (Released in the U.S. as The Final Fantasy Legend. Has a Wonderswan Color remake.)
- SaGa 2 (Released in the U.S. as Final Fantasy Legend II. Has a Nintendo DS remake, Goddess of Destiny.)
- SaGa 3 (Released in the U.S. as Final Fantasy Legend III. Has a Nintendo DS remake, Shadow or Light.)
- Romancing Sa Ga (Has a Play Station 2 remake, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song.)
- Romancing Sa ga 2
- Romancing Sa ga 3
- Saga Frontier
- SaGa Frontier 2
- Unlimited Saga (The only one in the series without a capital G)