Satomi Arai is a seiyu born in Chiba in 1980, probably best known as the Ninja Maid Sayoko in Code Geass and Kuroko Shirai in To Aru Majutsu no Index. Notable for her distinctly deep, nasally yet mature voice. Seems to be voicing a lot of pervy or odd girls recently.
On Friday the 30th of March 2012 she suddenly reveals that she has already been married for 4 years with a 21 month old son. Ms Arai sites that timing and "various circumstances" prevented her from breaking the news earlier; which is likely a polite way of saying that she needed to dodge the Yoko Oh No and intense Fan Dumb that would likely arise thanks to the popularity of her Star-Making Role Kuroko.
Notable roles by Satomi Arai:
- Kuroko Shirai in To Aru Majutsu no Index, and of even greater prominence in its spinoff, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Her charming performance and impeccable comedic-timing as Kuroko earned her the Best Supporting Actress Trophy of the 2010 Japanese Voice Actors awards.
- Sayoko Shinozaki and Nonette Earngram in Code Geass
- Manami in Glass Maiden
- Komaki Sakurai in Tokyo Majin
- Fa Yuiri in the Zeta Gundam movies, replacing Miyuki Matsuoka.
- Mole the Trainmon in Digimon Frontier
- Junko in Hell Girl
- Coco in Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch.
- Saya Suganuma in Nodame Cantabile.
- Kozue Aoba (and all of her split personalities) in Mahoraba
- Peke in To Love Ru (replaced by Aki Toyosaki in the second season).
- Anna Curtland in Taishou Yakyuu Musume
- The Lemony Narrator in Ookami-san
- Panini in the Japanese dub of Chowder
- Ranko Hata in Seitokai Yakuindomo
- Suzuki in Mayoi Neko Overrun
- Seiko Shinohara in Corpse Party
- Bisca Mulan in Fairy Tail
- Mayu's mother Nekogami Yaoyorozu
- Miscellaneous voices (female) in Kill Me Baby