Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Formerly hosted by Shannon Doherty. It puts people in seemingly paranormal experiences, sorta like Punk'd but with aliens and vampires.
Contains Examples of:
- Blood Bath: One prank set up the target as a new employee at a health spa "for professional clientele" that uses "very expensive ingredients." Along with female clients who come in for rejuvenation treatments is a list of younger women and their corresponding blood types. The exact scare prank involved the target walking in as one young woman is being bled over a bathtub that an older client was bathing in.
- Catch Phrase: Usually to end the pranks, they ask the victim, "Are you scared?"
- "You shouldn't be. You're on Scare Tactics."
- Chainsaw Good: One prank had a woman working for a kitchen, only to walk in on the chef using a chainsaw to cut off a homeless guy's leg. Not knowing what to do, she handed the homeless man a paper towel.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Though bleeped by the network, this is a fairly common reaction of people on the show to either the horrors they're subjected to or when they find out they were on a hidden camera show.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: One person who was the victim of a prank in one episode decided to get back at their friend in another episode.
- Deadly Prank: Somewhat averted in that a couple of occasions, the actors clearly cut a scare short when the target is showing signs of excessive distress.
- There's also another form of prank they do, in which the victim believes THEY are pulling the prank for a show called Fear Antics. The prank they think they're pulling usually results in a (supposed) death, and then we see the real prank beginning.
- Deadpan Snarker: Shannen Doherty
- Don't Try This At Home: The disclaimer at the beginning of the show, and with more than good cause.
- Genre Savvy: In one prank, the victim was confronted with the typical 'terrible secret' situation in a locked room. Before the bad guy started his exposition, the victim got up and broke through a wall, then bolted straight for the exit. How many times have you wanted to say "just leave right now and everything will be okay" to the hero/heroine at the beginning of a horror flick?
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: A few pranks ended prematurely with the victim escaping before they finished the bit; for instance, one woman squeezed past a Mook trying to box her in and fled into the streets.
- Refuge in Audacity: And how!
- Special Guest: Matt Hardy. Unlike Punk'd, he was the one doing the scaring. After The Reveal, the victim claimed to be a WWE fan.
- Stiff Upper Lip: Some victims take the crazy stuff that's thrown at them exceedingly well.
- Survival Mantra: During a prank involving a vampire biting people, the victim kept repeating "Everything is fine" to herself. Even when things... weren't.
- What You Are in the Dark: Or rather, what you are at your most vulnerable. Oftentimes victims will beg for their lives, or even make desperate, less-than-righteous bargains when threatened. Once in a while, though, victims will display some degree of bravery and try to protect their allied actors. One victim even tried to scare away aliens who were closing in on him and a young girl on an abandoned bus.
- You Look Familiar: Several actors appear in various pranks.