|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Secret Agent is a 1992 side-scrolling Platform Game released by Apogee Software (now 3D Realms) and based on the engine of the earlier Crystal Caves. Much like its predecessor, it was released as three games and licensed as Shareware: the first game is free as a teaser, while the other two were made available for purchase (and can be still bought from 3D Realms).
The games feature a secret agent, who, throughout the series, infiltrates the islands occupied by the evil organization DVS. Each island is covered with DVS bases where our intrepid agent faces villainous guards and reckless robots alike, along with an assortment of traps, while trying to find and destroy the radar on the level and then blow up the elevator door to escape. On the final level, the agent seeks out blueprints; collecting them and exiting the base ends the game and treats you to a nice picture as your reward.
If you're looking for the 1960s TV series, try Danger Man.
- Collision Damage
- Death Throws
- Floating Platforms
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: They cause a bunch of previously "invisible" (=nonexistent) platforms to appear.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: The Ninja and Ninja Master Mooks.
- Interchangeable Antimatter Keys: And picking up a key when you already have one of the same color will make it disappear, making the level Unwinnable.
- Interface Screw: The question mark, which reverses your left/right controls.
- Invincible Minor Minion: Some of the enemies, such as the one that floats one square high.
- Invisible Block: See Goggles Do Something Unusual, above.
- Jump Physics
- No Damage Run: You get a reward after finishing a level if you pull it off.
- One Bullet At a Time: A power-up allows you to fire a total of two bullets at once.
- Painfully-Slow Projectile
- Robot Dog: One of the enemies.
- Shout-Out: Each of the three episode names: "The Hunt For Red Rock Rover", "Kill Again Island", "Dr. No Body".
- Sprint Shoes: Literal shoes that make you run fast (and, more importantly, jump further).
- Thief Bag: One of the things you can collect to earn points.