|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Formerly known as The Thin H Line, Sexy Losers was an adult Web Comic that began in 1999. Drawn in an Animesque style, it followed the antics of several different characters. They include a Hentai artist, a necrophiliac, a compulsive masturbator, a bored housewife trying to seduce her son, a group of scientists developing bizarre sex aids, several porn stars, and a couple of stage magicians. It was the highest scoring entry on the List Of Potentially Offensive Webcomics, having been awarded six "toilets" out of a possible five (not a typo). Its biggest claim to fame was its popularizing "fap" and "schlick" as onomatopoeiae for masturbation.
In accordance with site rules, please do not directly link NSFW pages.
- All Men Are Perverts ...Most of the women, too.
- A Love to Dismember
- Animate Inanimate Object: Sex toys in this series are moderately alive and remember everything that's done to them. A fairy occasionally shows up to bring them to life, but it tends to turn out badly, since they know nothing other than how to give sexual pleasure. (The longest-running arc with one featured
Shiunji's former blowup dollIshida's dug-up corpse, who tried to take revenge upon him and found that he was so perverted he would have been happy to be cut into bits. Then she got torn to pieces by dogs.) It's bizarrely tragic, albeit funny and cringe-inducing as well.
- Art Evolution: Early comics were in black-and-white, and less detailed.
- Ashes to Crashes: The nymphomaniac mother kills her son's girlfriend via sexual exhaustion. She attends the funeral. The urn her ashes are in is vaguely phallic. She tries using it as a dildo, and it breaks ...
- Ass Shove: Often the least offensive joke in a strip.
- Attractive Bent Gender: #230 (NSFW.) Hilarity Ensued when this strip was ripped off many times, most notably by Maxim.
- Author Guest Spot: #15, #83 (SFW apart from offensive dialogue), and #156.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: at first, the series applied Japanese censorship effects as part of its Animesque art. Dropped around #95, and hasn't looked back since.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Kenta has a huge penis, as his mother observes. Unfortunately, her side of the family "has all the big dick genes".
- Big No: In #205 (NSFW), this was Natsuki's last word.
- Black Comedy Rape
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: But only in crossovers. In both cases so far, it's involved an insult to the readership and its presumed horniness.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Mike masturbated to his sister several times - and masturbation is the only form of sexuality to him.
- Earlier, an arc focused on stepping on that line without entirely crossing it, with increasingly suggestive situations; it cumulated with one sibling needing their hands to answer a phone while both were doing what they do best watching porn, and having the other sibling "take over" for a minute.
- Captain Ersatz: ARPA-01 is a stand-in for Chii, as well as an opportunity to make Commodore 64 jokes.
- Caught with Your Pants Down
- The Chikan: He accidentally feels up a transgendered woman, who forces him to continue.
- Clip Show: Parodied; it shows events that never actually happened on the strip.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Swearing Friend.
- Comically Missing the Point: Cuckolded Husband.
- Continuity Creep
- Corner of Woe
- Creator Breakdown: Literally--the writer suffered an injury to his drawing hand. Also figuratively, as he's struggled with ongoing depression issues - though these sometimes have served more as a source of inspiration and sometimes as an obstacle to it.
- Crossover: Tang's Weekly Comics and ~Ghastly's Ghastly Comic~.
- Cut and Paste Comic: Occasionally.
- Dead Baby Comedy
- Depraved Bisexual: Rumiko Shibata.
- Double Standard: Lampshaded in #241 (probably SFW, but so borderline we won't link it anyways.)
- Double Standard Rape (Female on Male): Tying in with Black Comedy Rape, this is played straight with the "Kenta's Horny Mom" strips, where the mother lusts after her son... but is then lampshaded with a Gender Swap, to point out just how wrong it really is... and appropriately titled "Gender Incrimination."
Touro Maebshi (post-beating): I don't understand... it was funny when it was a mom and her son. It's the same fucking joke.
- Dropped a Bridget On Him: Gender Flipped in a strip where a gay man picks up a guy in a restaurant, and shocked to find out that he is actually a she.
- Played straight as early as #8 (NSFW.)
- Eighties Hair: Anime mullets out the wazoo. Most have been phased out since.
- Eyepatch of Power: The Suicide Girl.
- Fan Disservice
- The Fun in Funeral
- Gender Flip: #241 (NSFW), an inversion of Kenta's Horny Mom. It's a good demonstration of the Double Standard.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot: When Rumiko begins an affair with a 18-year-old girl, her husband is delighted. Later, he installs video cameras in her room. (Both links technically SFW.)
- Girls Love: Rumiko/Natsuki arc culminated in Natsuki's death. Madame X/Chie never got anywhere (yet?). Yeah, the author has been neglecting that side of sexual life.
- GIS Syndrome: Stock photos show up in the earlier strips.
- Grave Robbing: How Shiunji finds a girlfriend. When he's done, though, he puts her back..."Whenever you break up with someone, you feel like part of you has died..."
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Jon & Al.
- Hidden Eyes
- Homage: Too many to count.
- Hot Mom: Kenta's mother, Rumiko.
- Innocent Innuendo: Taken to extremes with the addition of Innocent White Sticky Stuff On Your Face
- The Internet Is for Porn
- Interrupted Suicide: Yuuko Ishida, AKA The Suicide Girl.
- Jaw Drop
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Losing Your Head: "I am certain that at some point in the future, I will be prosecuted for this comic in a court of law."
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman: Parodied in one of the "science" stories.
- The Movie: Sadly, no.
- Naked First Impression: #130.
- Not What It Looks Like: No matter how often he finds his wife in bed with his best friend, the Cuckolded Husband believes this immediately, and runs with their lame excuse until they wish they'd never said it.
- In #31, a guy caught cheating on his wife tries this excuse. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work.
- Organ Autonomy: Reg and his talking penis. The penis is, unfortunately, a dick.
- Orphaned Series: Seems to be dying after an injury to the author's drawing hand in 2006, though occasional updates are trickling out as of 2009.
- Out with a Bang: A rare female example, Natsuki's death.
- Parental Incest
- Parody: Again, too many to count.
- Petite Pride: Natsuki in strip #141.
- Primal Scene: Kenta walks in on his parents having sex (which includes roleplaying and bondage).
- Prison Rape: One character admits that he has recently come out as gay, he would actually enjoy being the passive participant in the experience, and the assertion of dominance involved would not be psychologically traumatizing or break his spirit. This actually prevents the rape, because the rapists are mostly interested in making him suffer.
- The Rant: Parodied in this Sunday Morning Coffee guest strip.
- Salaryman: Mr. Shibata.
- Self-Parody: The storyline A Hentai Made of Glass is a parody of one of the author's earlier, autobiographical strips.
- Sex Bot: ARPA-series.
- Smoking Hot Sex: A couple of times. Even with a tentacle monster.
- Status Quo Is God: The Madame X storyline.
- Or, for that matter, all of them. Word of God is that "everyone is locked into their own perversions", which might be part of why the comic has apparently stalled and died.
- Suicide as Comedy: There's a running gag of people being unwilling to go through with it when they realize Shiuji will rape their corpses. Also, one girl tries to fake suicidal tendencies so Shiuji will be interested in her, then realizes she has no easy way out of the situation.
- Take That: #231, a dig at Megatokyo.
- There Are No Therapists: Somewhat averted. Dr. Lovetalk appears in most story threads, offering well-meaning and sound advice that, sadly, is completely useless in the full context of the situation.
- "No amount of family counseling can help these people now."
- Those Two Guys: Touro's nameless friends.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Shiuji. In fact, too kinky to murder would be more accurate.
- Viewers Are Geniuses: The writer would often throw in this or that element of Japanese culture and expect everyone to not only be familiar with it, but to recognize it on sight with little buildup.
- Webcomic Time: The resolution of "Shiuji and the Suicide Girl", set during a single day, started in 2004 and ended in 2011.
- Wrong Name Outburst: In strip #169, Rumiko and Natsuki both call out Kenta's name while having sex with each other.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: Mike goes through one of these, focusing on the past and present of his history of treating others as sex objects rather than human beings, with the message that he will die alone and unloved. He completely fails to get it.
And that's the story of how you were born!