|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Okay, I'm wearing a dress! First I'm kissed by a guy, now I'm wearing a dress! Fine!
New York cop Sgt Harry Griswald, after being dragged to a kabuki show, suddenly finds himself possessed by the spirit of a great Japanese warrior, Kabukiman. Now, he must use his new found powers to stop the resurrection of an ancient demon, known only as "The Evil One".
This movie contains examples of:
- Captain Ethnic
- Development Hell: The story was pitched in 1989 and filmed in 1991 but wasn't released until 1997 (due to some financial issues at Troma, which they've since recovered from).
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?
- Fake Nationality: New York cop becomes Japanese warrior. Yeah.
- Funny Background Event: The show Harry goes to see is a Kabuki version of The Odd Couple
- How Do I Shot Web?: The first time his powers manifest, he accidentally cartwheels into a light pole; later, he tries to become Kabukiman, but somehow turns into a clown; even later, he learns he can fly, but due to not being used to it, he throws up, and it lands on an asshole lawyer below him.
- Licking the Blade
- One-Winged Angel: Reginald Stuart becoming The Evil One.
- Stock Footage: The first appearance of Troma's infamous "flipping car".
- Stuffed in The Fridge: Connie LaRosa, Harry's old "girlfriend".
- Who Are You?
Mook: Who are you?