|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Velma: It sure sounds like you guys have what it takes.
Shaggy and Scooby Doo, the Lovable Coward/Big Eater duo from the Scooby Doo franchise, branch out in their own show, where Shaggy inherits millions of dollars and a mansion from his missing Uncle Albert, an inventor. However, Uncle Albert's inventions are being pursued by the sinister Dr. Phineas Phibes and his henchmen. Fortunately, Shaggy and Scooby can thwart their evil plans thanks to special Scooby Snacks that give Scooby-Doo temporary superpowers... Wait, where are you going? Come back, we weren't finished yet! The villain pilots a submarine laboratory!
Tropes of this series:
- Alliterative Name: Dr. Phineas Phibes
- Amusing Injuries: The pratfalls of Agents #1 and #2 in the pilot make the antics of Home Alone look like a mild slip.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Robi seems fond of doing this randomly in the middle of the episode, even if unrelated to the plot:
Robi: Don't stand under trees during a thunderstorm.
- Animal Superheroes: Scooby Snacks giving Scooby-Doo superpowers...somehow.
- Art Shift: In comparison to previous Scooby shows; for instance, Scooby's eyes are now drawn as dots.
- Black Bead Eyes
- Big Eater: Shaggy and Scooby; some things never change.
- Bookcase Passage: The entrance to Uncle Albert's underground lab.
- A Boy and His X: Shaggy and Scooby, obviously.
- The Cameo: Fred, Daphne and Velma make speaking appearances in only two episodes, one of which was the pilot.
- The second episode involves them using their mystery-solving skills.
- Chekhov MIA: Uncle Albert
- Dueling Shows: With Johnny Test.
- Expository Theme Tune: Which explains nothing on the premise; additionally, we hear the singer saying things he'd do with Shaggy and Scooby and that he will keep singing the song.
- The opening itself is just a bunch of silhouettes dancing and running in a yellow background.
- Cute Kitten: Dr. Phibes transforms into one after one point in the series whenever he's startled.
- Genre Shift: Previous installments of the Scooby-Doo franchise involved spooks, mysteries and light comedy. This series focuses more on comedy with some action and villains in the vein of something like Johnny Test or Kim Possible.
- One episode involved a mystery-solving scenario, only Scooby and Shaggy must overcome their fears to prove themselves.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Literally.
Agent #2: I don't want to be Agent #2, you might as well call me Agent Poopie.
- Husky Russkie: One of the assassins sent after Shaggy and Scooby.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The shrink ray from the pilot.
- Instrument of Murder: Groovy Don's laser firing guitar in "Operation Dog and Hippie Boy".
- Its Pronounced Tropay: "Greetings, Shaggy and Roorvey Vroo!"
- Mad Scientist: Doctor Phineas Phibes. His name references Vincent Price's The Abominable Dr. Phibes. He also has a thick German accent borrowed from Col. Klink and Dr. Strangelove, a Red Right Hand/Artificial Limbs raygun arm, and much of the same Genre Blindness as Dr. Evil.
- Robot Buddy: Robi the Robot Butler.
- Robot Maid: Robi the Robot Butler
- Sdrawkcab Name: Trebla and Albert
- Something Completely Different: As a series. It's very unlike many other Scooby Doo incarnations.
- Technicolor Science: Uncle Albert's field of study.
- Thick Line Animation
- Those Two Bad Guys: Agents #1 and #2
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Dr. Phineas Phibes when he consumed a large quantity of the new nano-tech formula.