|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Sonic Boom is the fifth Sonic the Hedgehog TV Series, produced by Ouido to air on Cartoon Network. The series is highly comedic in format. Sonic and company live on a small island with Eggman in a tower nearby. Eggman usually arrives to annoy Sonic.
- Adaptational Villainy:
- Shadow has none of the backstory to justify his antisocial personality and animosity towards Sonic and his friends, and comes off as a pure jerk.
- Eggman inverts this, being mostly just an annoying neighbor.
- Adaptational Wimp: Knuckles is now a complete dolt.
- Canon Foreigner: Par for the course, many, including major player Sticks the Badger.
- Character Exaggeration: Knuckles has gone to Patrick Star levels of stupidity here.
- Denser and Wackier: This show overall feels like a mix of Homestar Runner and Seinfeld. Episode plots tend to be highly mundane.
- Do Androids Dream?: Orbot and Cubot are said to lack souls.
- Harmless Villain: Most any given antagonist.
- Lower Deck Episode: "Late Night Wars" and "Next Top Villain".
- Memetic Outfit: Amy Rose's Awardy Award outfit. Amy wore a purple tiered dress with light purple circles on it, a light purple waist band, white evening gloves and black shoes. Amy's Awardy Award dress is much more iconic than her regular outfit.
- Negative Continuity
- Pet Monstrosity: "Buster"
- Shout-Out: In " It Wasn't Me, It Was The One-Armed Hedgehog", aside from the title itself,the scene where Knuckles offer to hunt Sonic is similar to Quint offering himself to hunt the shark, downright to screeching his nails on a chalkboard
- Two Girls to a Team: The 5-member Team Sonic has two female members: Amy and Sticks.
- Two Shorts
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Shadow and Metal Sonic.