|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi
Back in the war-torn days of Ancient Belka, there was an empire called Garea, and the one who ruled this place was a tyrant named Ixpellia, who bore the title of Meioh, translatable as either Dark Lord or Lord of the Underworld. She loved brutality and wars and took over neighboring countries with her army of Mariage, cyborg zombies whose arms could transform into many weapons, from nigh-indestructible swords to tank-destroying cannons. Battlefields were burned into the ground and her Mariage army grew with every person killed. Worse of all, prophecies state that she will one day return to lead her Mariage army again.
At least, that's what the books say. Turns out she's mostly just a little girl who was burdened with the duty to win the war for her country, and had gotten really weary of fighting since, with every country demanding the same from their personal ruler, all that happened was a war that dragged out for ages and caused needless bloodshed. Oh, and every Mariage she made had the same war-loving personality who would awaken her in every age; and they were destroy everything; and go back to sleep. Sucks to be her. She was eventually rescued by Subaru who showed her that the endless cycle of war had stopped. That human and cyborg were living in peace, and even the Saint King was alive again. She even made friends with Vivio, a fellow Ancient Belka ruler. And...with the knowledge that maybe, when she awoke again in 1 year, in 10 years, in 100 or even 1000 years, that humans might be able to protect this peace; she went to sleep peacefully for the first time.
As of Vi Vid, she's under the care of the Saint Church.
- Convenient Coma: Said to last from one to a thousand years.
- Blessed with Suck: Can create Mariages which are Cyborg Zombie Super Soldiers but cannot command them in any way.
- Chinese Girl: The Sound Stage X artwork and her recent appearance in the Vi Vid manga show her wearing a qipao.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Dying Declaration of Love: Her last words before passing into a coma are telling Subaru that she loves her.
- King in the Mountain
- Mysterious Waif
- One-Letter Name: Officially, Ix is transcribed as "X".
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old
- Shrouded in Myth
- Squishy Wizard: According to a translation from the SSX booklet, Ix possesses no combat ability.
A mysterious figure who once fought for the Orussian Liberation front, and is believed to be responsible for the rise of the Mariage. It turns out that he's been dead for four years.
Voiced by: Yuu Asakawa
Teana's partner on the Mariage case. It's later revealed that the apparent antagonist, Toredia, is dead, and that she was the one responsible for the killings. Teana eventually catches on and arrests her.
- Big Bad
- Blondes Are Evil
- Child Soldiers: Orussia had a lot of these. Runessa, who was born there, had fought on the battlefields and slept with her gun for as long as she could remember before an NGO rescued her.
- The Coroner
- Dark Magical Girl: If Teana grew up on Orussia, would she be different at all from Runessa?
- Detective Mole
- Dragon Ascendant
- Hesitation Equals Dishonesty: Teana notices from her hesitation and seemingly sounding lonely that her claim that she never knew Toredia was not true.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Her Silver Dagger, unlike most of the guns in the series, uses real bullets.
- Right Behind Me: Thinking out loud about her plans is her undoing. Lampshaded by Teana.
- Was It All a Lie?: On Teana's offer for her to become a partner. Teana says she meant it at the time.
Subaru's commanding officer, and head of Disaster Relief for the TSAB.
- Emergency Services: Commander of the Disaster Relief branch of TSAB.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Despite being renowned as a hero for his actions during the fire, believes that he's nothing special.
- It Never Gets Any Easier: Waltz and Subaru talk about this in regards to their job as Disaster Relief after Subaru watched a man die right in front of her.
- Scars Are Forever: From helping out at the airport fire Nanoha saved Subaru from.