|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
SuperTuxKart is a Racing Game. It's a libre software Mario Kart clone which features the most well-known libre software mascots, including Tux (the mascot of Linux), Konqi (the mascot of KDE), Wilber (the mascot of the Gimp), and GNU (the mascot of GNU). The game runs under the Irrlicht Engine.
The game can be downloaded for free here.
Not to be confused with Tux Racer.
- Bonnie Scotland: The "Scotland" track.
- Build Like an Egyptian: The "Shifting Sands" track.
- Car Fu
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: In the race against Nolok in the story mode, Nolok gets to set bubblegum (which for him looks like some sort of green slime with spikes) and activate a flyswatter (which for him looks like a hammer) at will. Given Nolok's Artificial Stupidity, however, it doesn't help him all that much.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Tux.
- Jungle Japes: The "Amazonian Journey" track. Mild example with the "Secret Garden" track.
- Lethal Lava Land: The "Fort Magma" track.
- Palmtree Panic: "The Island" track.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: A frictionless variant on two stages: "Snow Peak" and "Northern Resort".
- Talk Like a Pirate: Several instances involving the use of the anchor item.
- Unlockable Content: Many of the tracks, the Follow The Leader gametype, and GNU, by beating the story mode.
- Wacky Racing