|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Tails Adventure is an Action RPG Spin-Off adventure game from the vast Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, released for the Sega Game Gear in 1995. It is one of two spin-off games that the fox cub received.
While taking a nap outside his workshop, Tails is woken by an explosion. Battle Kukku Army has invaded the island in order to find the Chaos Emeralds, and it's up to Tails to stop them.
This title is different from other games in the Sonic series in that the emphasis is on visiting and revisiting different stages in a similar vein to Metroid. Also, unlike previous titles, Tails actually reaps benefits from collecting just one chaos emerald (an increase in HP and Flight stamina).
The Japanese manual says this game takes place before Tails first met Sonic. The western manuals say it takes place after Sonic and Tails' last adventure and Tails is just on vacation. Of course, Sega has chosen to pretty much Retcon anything the western manuals said about the Sonic series ever since Sonic Adventure was released, so the Japanese manual is more likely canon.
Has a comic book tie-in in Sonic Universe, though it took a few liberties with the plot (such as it is).
- A Day in the Limelight: One of two spin-offs the cub got to himself.
- Awesome but Impractical: The Knuckles punch, among others
- Bungling Inventor: Tails is shown in this light in the closing credits.
- Busman's Holiday: In the western manual's story.
- Cool Boat/Cool Airship: the Sea Fox
- Convection, Schmonvection: The volcano level.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Gadgeteer Genius: Tails is able to convert the Remote Robot so it changes into a submarine).
- Gaiden Game
- Guide Dang It: Some parts of the game
- Infinite Supplies: Tails never seems to run out of bombs.
- Kid Hero: One young fox against a whole army.
- Leitmotif: The title screen music is woven into a couple of other tunes in the game, serving as a somewhat downplayed leitmotif for Tails.
- The Rival: Speedy
- Robot Buddy: The Remote Robot
- Stuff Blowing Up: Tails uses bombs as his main weapons.
- This Is a Drill: The Sea Fox's drill bit
- Transforming Mecha: the Remote Robot turns into the Sea Fox.
- Overlord, Jr.: Speedy is said to be the son of the leader of the Kukku army.
- The Unfought: In the Archie comic adaptation, Tails doesn't even meet Grand Battle Kukku 15th.
- Useless Useful Spell: Out of the 26 items, you will only use a few.
- Where Does He Get All Those Wonderful Toys?