|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Describe this website here.
Is the subject of hypnosis Fetish Fuel for you? Then you'll probably like this website. Originally part of the newsgroup alt.sex.stories, it was spun off into its own website in 1996 by a man who calls himself "Simon Bar Sinister". The site contains a huge-ass archive of stories from many, many users, and these stories tend to run the gamut from plausible to downright bizarre.
Their unifying theme is that they all contain some form of mind control, and that the mind control is somehow used as part of a sexual act. The most common use of mind control on the site is hypnotizing someone, and then using suggestions to make them orgasm while under. Another common use involves hypnotic alternate personality play, where characters in a story think they're sluts, sex slaves, and other stuff like that.
All the MC stories on the site are categorized. What's your pleasure?
This site also has an official forum, available here.
Quite infamously, fan fiction is banned from the site after Warner Bros. sent a cease and desist letter to the site in 1998. There are a few Star Trek and X-Files fanfics on the site, but these are legacy fics from before 1998 that weren't affected by the ban; fan fiction hasn't been accepted since.
Despite it having no "fanfics" in the true sense of the word, we at TV Tropes nonetheless have some recommended stories in our Fanfic Recs section.
=== ...and when I count to 3, you will tell me every single trope this website uses. You will have no memory of this trance. Do you understand?
Trope-tan: (eyes half-closed and staring blankly ahead with her mouth hanging open and the rest of her body completely relaxed, says this weakly and in monotone:) ...yes... @_@
- Brainwashed: Duh.
- Fetish Fuel: Obvious trope use is obvious.
- NSFW: And again.
- Author Appeal: And yet again.
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: The links to stories on the site have a diffrent color underline that gives a general indication of what category a story falls under, such as male or female-dominant in a het fic, or which gender if it's homo. If the story contains none or many of these tags, there's a fifth catch-all color for it.
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: You most likely will think that the 28 stories (as of March 19, 2010) classified as "nonconsensual" fit this trope.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Every single fic on the site is labeled as "MC: Mind Control". Why!?!
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot: All of the fics marked as "FF: Female/Female Sex", natch!
- Hypno Fool: Some stories, typically those with stage hypnosis.
- Me Love You Long Time: Quite a few stories have a guy of undisclosed race hooking up with an Asian girl. The guy is presumed to be white.
- Nightmare Fuel: Some stories.
- Squick: Some stories.
- Narm: Some stories harken back to all those horror movies of the 1950's that many real-life hypnotists wish never existed.
- Shown Their Work: Many of the stories by Wiseguy show this trope. Busman's Holiday is a very egregious example; see the Fanfic Recs page for more information. Wiseguy might be a hypnotherapist in real life.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Averted. There is a section labeled "MM: Male/Male Sex", but gay stories on the site (840 as of March 19, 2010) outnumber lesbian stories (2,569 as of the same date). And...
- Het Is Ew: ...heterosexual stories (those labeled "MF: male-female sex") outnumber homosexual stories by almost a 2-to-1 margin, averting THIS trope as well! (As of March 19, 2010, there are 4,789 stories with heterosexual sex.)
- However, do keep in mind that the numbers for the above two tropes are unreliable. The FF, MF, and MM categories are not mutually exclusive, and some stories on the site are classified into more than one of these three categories.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Well, this is a mind-control porn site; what did you expect? xD
- You Fail Sex Ed Forever: Even the aforementioned Wiseguy falls victim to this. Aforementioned "Busman's Holiday" featured the main male character having multiple orgasms in the final chapter with no known explanation, and quite a few of the sex scenes in other stories push the characters just slightly beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Archive Binge: 6,789 stories as of March 19, 2010. Are you a bad enough dude to read them all?
- Robot Girl: The stories classified as "RB: Robots", natch! =P
- Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming: This story, where a guy's wife turns into a robot and he tries to change her back.
- Breast Expansion: Some stories.
- Faux Action Girl: The stories classified as "CB: Comic Book Superhero" tend to fall under this trope.
- Mind Control Eyes: Averted. Most stories show the "look" of hypnosis realistically.
- Bound and Gagged: Oddly enough, the stories marked "BD: Bondage and/or Discipline" don't feature this trope as much as you'd think.
- "Stop Having Fun!" Guys: So tell me, why the fuck did everyone start frowning on alt-personality play all of a sudden?
- Meaningful Name: There's a user named Jukebox whose stories are all named after songs. And those songs themselves are an indicator as to what the story is about. Unfortunately, he seems stuck in the 1980's (save for one fic named after that Divinyls song and another named after a Nirvana song); imagine what he could do with a story titled "Poker Face", "Love Game", "Bad Romance", "Paparazzi", "Disturbia", "Umbrella", "I Kissed a Girl", "Tik-Tok", or "Blah Blah Blah"!
- Furry Fandom: Only 38 stories are this trope as of March 19, 2010!
- You Make Me Sic, Engrish: Quite famously, on the homepage and on the site's FAQ, Simon proclaims that he makes no post-production edits of any stories submitted to the site, meaning that any spelling and grammar errors that the authors made are preserved.