|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Who's the leader of the club
One of the most famous variety shows in American history, The Mickey Mouse Club initially aired in 1955, and has since been reimagined several times.
The main show was made up of several sketches performed by the Mouseketeers. Throughout the show's run, several Mouseketeers have made it big, including Annette Funicello, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Jessica Simpson. Each day had a central theme, such as Music or the Circus. In addition, the original run had several serials, most famously one based on The Hardy Boys.
Like many classic Disney properties, the show was released as part of the Walt Disney Treasures line. One set includes the first week of the show, while subsequent sets included the serials Spin and Marty, The Hardy Boys, and Annette.
The most recent revival ended in 1995.
This show contained examples of:
- Animated Credits Opening
- Couch Gag: Donald Duck ringing the gong in the original.
- Edited for Syndication: The original show was an hour long, but reruns were shortened to 30 minutes. Prior to the 1989 revival, this was the version seen first in syndication in 1977 and then on the Disney Channel.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: The opening shows Mickey celebrating with Pete and The Big Bad Wolf.
- Honorary Uncle: According to Annette, Disney insisted the Mouseketeers call him Uncle Walt. Annette herself couldn't do it, because he was too much of a father figure.
- Ms. Fanservice: Annette Funicello. No, seriously. Don't believe us? Look at this video. There's a reason that she got more fanmail than all other Mouseketeers combined. There's a reason she went on to have a few years extra at Disney than the others. There's a reason that she later played in beach movies. There's a reason every fifth comment on YouTube videos featuring her say "I had a crush on Annette" or "Annette was my first crush". There's a reason she was nicknamed Annette "full of jello" back in the day.
- Pie in the Face
- Right Way, Wrong Way Pair: In a series of shorts hosted by Jiminy Cricket about safety. Each episode ends with a contest between "You" and "a common, ordinary fool". "You" follow all safety precautions and win, while the fool gets nothing but Amusing Injuries.
- Solemn Ending Theme: "Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company..."
- Spelling Song
- Theme Tune Rap: The 1989-1995 version
Now it's time to say goodbye