|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The Tale Of ALLTYNEX is a trilogy of Bullet Hell Shoot Em Ups developed by SITER SKAIN with its story centering around the malicious super-compter, the ALLTYNEX OS. Each game in the series has its own gameplay mechanics and gimmicks. One thing that stays consistent in the series, however, is that despite the games being of the Bullet Hell genre, the ships are much tougher and have much larger hitboxes than the standard bullet hell. Thankfully each game provides you with some form of protection against the sheer onslaught of bullets.
As none of the games have been released in English, the only one with a confirmed accurate story on its page right now is RefleX. The others are based on partial translations and are in desperate need of fact-checking by someone familiar with their stories.
The games in the trilogy are:
- Kamui -- Tale of ALLTYNEX: Final Chapter
- RefleX -- Tale of ALLTYNEX: Second Chapter
- Alltynex Second -- Tale of ALLTYNEX: First Chapter
SITER SKAIN has released a story and art compilation book at Comiket 80.
- AI Is a Crapshoot: The series plays with this trope to no end.
- All Up to You: Averted in Alltynex Second where the player ship is only one of a much larger force that can be seen in the first level of the game.
- Antagonist Title: ALLTYNEX Second.
- Back to Front: The games were released in the opposite order their stories go (Kamui is final, ALLTYNEX Second comes first).
- Big Bad: The ALLTYNEX OS.
- Bullet Hell: Although it is a lot less bullets than the typical bullet hell but still enough to qualify.
- Crapsack World
- Hitbox Dissonance: Averted.
- Lonely Piano Piece: In the series' sadder or more serious moments the piano is used instead of an organ.
- Macross Missile Massacre
- Made of Iron: The player ship in all the games.
- More Dakka
- Nintendo Hard
- Ominous Pipe Organ: Many the themes in the series feature this.
- Power Gives You Wings: Present in some form in all three games.
- Recurring Boss: Scorpio has made appearances in all three games. It looks different in each game, but its signature laser sweep can't be mistaken.
- The ALLTYNEX OS may also qualify.
- Robots Enslaving Robots: The ALLTYNEX OS in a nutshell.
- Stuff Blowing Up: And then some.
- Video Game Remake: ALLTYNEX Second, to the original FM TOWNS Marty's ALLTYNEX.
- Wave Motion Gun: All three games feature this in some shape or form.
- Wave Motion Tuning Fork: The Kamui fighters as well as Sagittarius uses this.