|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Shoes, usually boots, which rise knee-length or higher, often giving them Zettai Ryouiki appeal, and qualifying under its grades. These kinds of shoes have a certain Impossibly Cool Clothes factor because it is pretty uncommon, and usually pretty impractical and expensive, for shoes to reach any higher than calf length. These shoes may have straps, buckles, zippers or laces that may go all the way up, to emphasize their length and the fact that the character wearing them has some sexy legs.
Anime & Manga
- Loly Aivirrne and Riruka Dokugamine from Bleach, both of whom have Girlish Pigtails.
- In Code Geass R2, Kallen sports thigh-high boots as part of her Custom Uniform with the Black Knights.
- D Gray Man has Lenalee Lee with her Dark Boots; they're her Empathic Weapon. No, really.
- Jun the Swan from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
- Usami Masamune in Mayo Chiki.
- Every Pretty Cure series has at least one Cure wearing them, with the exception of the the first two continuities, which instead used leg warmers for a similar effect.
- Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Cure Dream and Cure Rouge get these while Cure Lemonade gets standard Zettai Ryouiki and Cure Mint and Cure Aqua get normal boots.
- In The Movie the Dark Pretty Cure 5 all get this.
- Fresh Pretty Cure: Cure Peach and Cure Berry both get these, and the latter combines these with Zettai Ryouiki, making an awkward combination.
- Heartcatch Pretty Cure: It's easier to list the one member that doesn't sport this: Cure Marine, who gets standard Zettai Ryouiki fitting her Genki Girl persona.
- Suite Pretty Cure: Like with Heartcatch, one of the members is left out and given standard Zettai Ryouiki instead. This time it's Cure Melody.
- Smile Pretty Cure: Cure Sunny is the only member of the team whose footwear actualy qualifies as this. Cure Happy has knee-length boots while all the others have ankle-length boots.
- Jessie from Pokémon.
- Robin from One Piece.
- Mew Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew.
- Mai Valentine wore these while she was Brainwashed by Dartz during the Doma arc of Yu-Gi-Oh.
- Blue of Wolfs Rain with a Mini-Dress of Power and Scarf of Asskicking.
- Casca from Berserk.
- Momose from Bloody Cross wears thigh high boots in the first few chapters. Tsukimiya also wears them once or twice.