If the newer generation of seiyuus needs a candidate for Memetic Badass... this guy may be one of such candidates.
Put it simply, Tohru Ookawa is a seiyuu born in 1960 and has the distinction of one voice actor that CANNOT be pigeonholed into any roles available. This guy can voice little, annoying brats, into suave young men, into Hot-Blooded men, into Manipulative Bastard, into Cool Old Guy... what a guy.
Notable roles by Tohru Ookawa:
- Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist (does not reprise in Brotherhood)
- Rufus Shinra in Final Fantasy VII series
- Ken in Shinkon Gattai Godannar
- Jin Kariya in Bleach
- Captain Garis in Gaiking Legend of Daikuu Maryuu
- Tokugawa Ieyasu in Sengoku Basara (Both Bratty Half-Pint version and grown up new badass version)
- Mizal Touval (of Super Robot Wars Compact 3) in Super Robot Wars Original Generation Gaiden
- Apolly Bay in the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam movies and Super Robot Wars Z
- Ryu in Street Fighter III: Third Strike
- Spirit Albarn/Death Scythe in Soul Eater
- Saito in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- Elmo Kridanik, Jeffrey Wilder, and The Narrator in Macross Frontier
- Sasaki Tadajiro in Amatsuki
- Einosuke Ohkuda in the Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden CD dramas.
- Jirou Tomitake in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
- Kondou Isami in Hakuouki
- Brian Roscoe in Gosick
- Ratchet and Porter C. Powell in the Japanese dub of Transformers Animated.
- Tinky Winky in the Japanese dub of Teletubbies
- Convoy and Scourge in (Optimus Prime and Nemesis Prime) Transformers Armada.
- Iason Mink in the later Drama CDs and OVAs Ai no Kusabi replacing the late Kaneto Shiozawa.