Tropedia is a wiki where we discuss the trends and patterns in all forms of media, that we call Tropes. We're a place to hang out and chat about the television shows you love, a place to discover new movies to watch, and a place to offer literary criticism and analysis of pop culture. And we're happy that you want to be a part of our community.
If you're looking for the help section, it's over at Help:Editing.
New User Guides
- New User Introduction - for complete newbies
- So You're a TV Tropes Refugee - for people coming over from TV Tropes
- Tropers for Creation - for Wikipedians visiting this new realm
- Wikizen Introduction - for people coming from any other wiki
- Contact us - Give us feedback about the site
- Tropedia:Community Portal - Where you can find stuff that needs done.
- History - How we got started
- The Contributors
- Who we are - The staff of the site, unpaid as we are, and wiki philosophy
- What we aren't - What Tropedia is not.
- Terms of Service -- What you agree to by editing this site.
- General disclaimer -- What you agree to by just using the site.
- Policy for Wiki Staff -- Rules aren't just for editors.
- How We Do Bans Around Here -- And there are rules for how to enforce the rules, too.
- Copyright Details - our Creative Commons license, and a FAQ on what is allowable here on Tropedia.
- Content Dumps - our policy on mirroring our content on other sites or for personal use.
- FAQ for Creators -- Creators of works have a special relationship with their work
- Language policy: Default language for submitting examples and for reading Tropedia and its affiliates.
- Forum Policy - Policy for using our on wiki forum.
- More stuff we need to move/import/rework from TVT administrivia
The Troper's Code
- Tropedia Glossary - Terms commonly bandied about on Tropedia.
- Tropedia Namespaces - A guide to namespaces on Tropedia.
- Tropedia SocialProfile Rules - Rules for using SocialProfile-enabled features.
- Loaded Trope Words - Words that have special connotations when used in trope titles.
- Trope Workshop Guidelines -- how to use the Trope Workshop (i.e. YKTTW) namespace to make new trope pages.
- What Page Types Mean - Short overview of page types.
Editing Policies and Style Guide
- Brevity Is Wit
- Content Guidelines
- Creator Page Guidelines
- Edit Reasons and Why You Should Use Them
- External Links Guide
- Flame Bait
- How to Pick A Good Image
- No Lewdness, No Prudishness
- How to Write An Example
- Examples Need Context
- Repair, Don't Respond
- Strong Language Usage Rules
- Style Guide -- which does not actually have the weight of policy, but is listed here for convenience. Suggested writing tips; our house style.
- Works Page Guidelines