|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
As soon as any editing tools are created for a video game, players will make either porn or phallus-shaped content.
This tends to take three forms:
- Abuse of in-game functions, such as camera angles, Virtual Paper Doll features, or even the ability to rename characters.
- Game mods designed for questionable purposes, such as "nude mods" or other questionable user-designed content.
- Custom level designs that are decidedly not work-safe, such as the aforementioned phallus-shaped levels.
- Second Life is king of this trope. You can create whatever you want in this game. What do people use it for? Why, use it to make anatomically correct avatars, have sexual adventures, and include every single fetish known to man! (especially bondage)
- It didn't take long for people to make a level in Little Big Planet that involved flying a giant penis-shaped rocket.
- Wario Ware DIY lets you make your own "microgames", and it wasn't long before people made ones themed after getting boners.
- If you have a Pixiv account, you can see the sheer variety of porn microgames out there for the Japanese version Made in Ore.
- One player made a subversion of these sorts of games. The microgame features a cute Moe girl with two hotspots--her breasts, and her hand. Grope her... and she gets crazy mad at you, resulting in a failure. Touch her hand, and she gives you a cheerful high-five--success!
- This rule has been acknowledged for the Spore creature creator. It made the game's online feature family-unfriendly because players got to see alien races by other users, but didn't get to choose which ones they see. To put it another way, say hello to walking penises, crawling penises, flying penises, monsters with penises, penises with penises, and creatures in the form of two people copulating. And the occasional breasts.
- You can forbid monsters that are risqué or you just don't like from appearing on your computer. If enough people ban a monster, it will only be used by the creator (local host only). You can also turn off sharing for monsters that are walking cocks if you create one.
- This is so prevalent it has its own name - "sporn", a portmanteau of "Spore" and "Porn".
- Hacks for The Sims games remove the mosaic blur over naked sims. Everyone is smooth like Ken and Barbie though.
- So of course, people made mods for that. Along with... well, let's just say there's whole websites worth of X-rated Sims stuff (Sims 2 in particular.)
- Generally, the first mods for any game of The Sims will involve removing the Mosaic Blurs. Mostly because this is actually the easiest thing to mod over. Stuff like this or this (both SFW) come later.
- Invoked in this Dork Tower strip
- With the 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' command it is possible to make any adult Sim pregnant by any other Sim. That includes getting pregnant by relatives, male pregnancy, getting pregnant by children...
- Fat admirers have created patches that make the women fat.
- In a moment of partial The Dev Team Thinks of Everything in Resident Evil 4 you can use your gun crosshairs to look up Ashley's skirt and she will immediately cover herself. However if you use in-game camera angles, it won't register.
- Just to show that the immature mind will make use of the smallest degree of creative freedom, a popular clan-tag is [~c=8] (Spoilerd to protect innocent eyes from the horror of a crudely drawn ascii phallus.)
- Similarly used in countless ways to abuse the Hello, Insert Name Here function of games, or usernames or titles.
- Even Dwarf Fortress isn't immune. The infamous "Goblin Fortress" springs to mind. (They not only modded the game to play as goblins, but modded in sex toys and sentient slaves...)
- Also it's possible to add genitalia via modding. This lead to an incident where one player ripped off a bandit's phallus, then beat the bandit and his friends to death with it.
- Another player collected bandit dicks in a bag, then went around pummeling enemies with the bag.
- Neverwinter Nights saw some of this, ultimately driven off the giant parody-shaped cliff with a module titled "Sex and the Single Adventuress." No matter what she wears, the provided character always has exposed breasts with simple jiggle physics modeled in, and the whole plot involves sleeping with every male you find in the game. Given that character models cannot actually touch meaningfully outside of combat, the entire area while the scene happens is blacked out with outlandish noises thrown in.
- There actually is a hakpak that adds sexual poses and animations to the game called the "Intimate Animations Suite" (Page lacks screenshots, so it's sort of SFW). They can be scripted into cutscenes by module creators. The module "Save The Princess!" uses this hakpak.
- Like all games, Neverwinter Nights can be modded, but out-of-the-box it comes with a feature for creating your own campaign or even making an altered version of the default campaign.
- There was a Game Shark code for WWF War Zone which enabled female wrestlers to wrestle topless. They even had nipples.
- All Valve Source engine games that have a multi-player feature allowing players to upload images and spray them on the wall. The immediate result should be obvious, but where it gets interesting is in the Metagame: Counter-Strike snipers using porn sprays to lure players into a killzone.
- Or in Team Fortress 2, spies with the Cloak and Dagger using this for an easy backstab. (Note that this link has done it rather tastefully.)
- Griefers have taken advantage of this as well by using images from shock sites. They usually just Squick their own team.
- This trope is the reason that, ever since the WWE Smackdown vs. Raw games have had online play capability, they have prohibited logos from being placed on the lower bodies of created wrestlers.
- Dead or Alive has always featured some pretty revealing outfits, but Dimensions actually included a "Showcase" mode, which allowed you to pose "figurines" of all the fighters in various locations and positions and take pictures of them. In full 3D. This mode actually got the game pulled before release in Sweden due to backlash over the possibility of taking racy pictures of some of the underage fighters.
- The Japanese version Bloody Roar 3 infamously had a code where a player could enter debug mode, which allowed the player to pose the game's models however they wanted. Enter screenshots of the female characters in some rather risque positions. The code to enter the mode was removed in the American and European releases of the game.
- Oregon Trail gave players the ability to put custom messages on tombstones for other settlers to find whenever one of them died (usually from dysentery). Apart from a few with "Pepperoni and cheese", a Shout-Out to a pizza commercial, most ended up with obscenities.
- Yes, there are plenty of Knights of the Old Republic mods where the fugly underwear is swapped out for something a little easier on the eyes. Nude Bastila and Handmaiden mods are easier to find, but there are just as many for the guys. The nude male mods, though, tend to be passed around on invite-only forums and lists.
- There's a huge number of "adults-only" mods for Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and now Skyrim.
- Skyrim in particular has among the most realistic and titillating looking nude mods (both female and male, and both armored and unarmored), especially for those who are able to set their game's graphics details to the maximum (so it can be viewed up close with the free viewing camera, great for those who want to take screenshots), and one mod site, Skyrim Nexus, has plenty to choose from (fortunately such mods hosted there have restricted access, requiring registration and opting to be able to view adult content). Only a portion of those mods are adult, but there ARE a lot of them.
- Call of Duty Black Ops: It is possible to create your own emblem to put onto your gun. Of course, since you can make any shape with some imagination, it doesn't take a genius to see where this went...
- Thus leading to the horrible humiliation of getting killed over and over by a guy whose clan tag is [c==8] and who has a dick as his emblem.
- Even Minecraft has been hit by this. Golden cock and balls, anyone?
- And some people have made naked character skins and have modded the ingame paintings into porn.
- In many of the Total War games, it's quite easy to turn your royal family into an incestuous nightmare with siblings marrying each other and elderly uncles marrying their relatives the moment they come of age. The first Medieval game will automatically create father/daughter pairings for you with surprising frequency. Particularly Squicky (even comparatively) is when the age of the father creates the horrible realization about the maximum possible age their child can be. You can make your own father-daughter pairing as well - wait until you get a new king, and then marry him to a princess. She'll register as his daughter.
- The MUGEN engine makes it possible to import character bootlegs from any 2D fighting game. There are enough nude retextures, some with x-rated animations, to repackage into a 2GB partial conversion. And then there are maps with names like 'Palace of Porn', filled with scans of hentai and porn.
- The Slime Original Character. All of its attacks transform it into a long appendage that goes to some very sensitive places. And it turns into a nude woman when struck.
- As with Total War, Crusader Kings allows you to pair off characters in rather scandalous combinations. Parent/Child and Brother/Sister are explicitly forbidden by game mechanics, but not First Cousins, Uncle/Niece, Stepparent/Stepchild, or Grandparent/Grandchild.
- The real fun thing? All but those last two were probably moderately common at the time.
- Garry's Mod, a famous Half-Life 2 sandbox mod, allows you to build contraptions using models from assorted Valve games to do obvious things such as making giant dongs or poorly putting ragdolls into sex poses. The game's official site used to be littered with pornographic contraptions and images before constant complaining from the Facepunch community led to them being cleaned up. The pornographic uploads are borderline extinct now.
- In Final Fantasy VII, when breeding Chocobos, not only is it possible to mate a brother and sister, it's likely.
- If you're going for a Gold Chocobo, the quickest route involves one brother-sister pair. If you want a max stats Gold Chocobo, that Chocobo's family tree will have curved lines.
- It's easier to count the non-pornographic mods for Dragon Age: Origins than it is to count the porn ones. Ranging from the typical nude skins, to fully modeled penises for the men that you can select length, circumcision, erect or non erect, penises for the monsters, the dog, the female monsters, replacing the current tame sex scenes with graphic hardcore sex, adding new graphic hardcore sex and more.
- Heartache 101 Sour Into Sweet lets the player mod a Romance Game with graphics, storylines, and music. It may be easier to create NSFW content with Heartache 101 rather than creating a unique game with Renpy or other tools.
- It is very common to see a phallus-shaped city in Carcassonne, though this is (usually) due to simple happenstance with what tiles get drawn.
- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame mentioned at least two instances. One was in the page quote and the other is in the 3DS review:
Yahtzee: I did check and it is extremely possible to make a Mii that has what looks like a cock for a face. It's equally possible to name him "Señor Coquonface" and make him your street-pass ambassador who greets everyone in the vicinity with the phrase "I'm watching you!" in block capital.
- Another example, from his review of Tabula Rasa:
Yahtzee: Mindful of the fact that the duty of a beta tester is to try and break the game, I decided to test out Tabula Rasa's obscenity filter by naming my creation Gareth Gobulcoque.
- Also in any game with construction abilities, he'll inevitably build a giant penis, as in Minecraft and From Dust.
- In the 3DS Ocarina of Time review, he chooses the name "Fuck me," which, as he points out, is already the subject of most of your conversations with female characters.
- YMMV but I find his idea of calling main characters "I say" so everyone talks like Foghorn Leghorn to be far funnier.
- Mario Kart DS had a feature that lets players create an emblem to display on their karts throughout the game, including multi-player and online. Didn't take long for nearly every player to decorate the hood of their karts with breasts and penises. You could also change your profile name, which lead to some "creative" names online.
- 3D Custom Girl is a "game" (more like a Virtual Paper Doll, except it's in full 3D) where you don't even have to mod anything to have the characters strip down to their panties (or naked) or make sexy poses. The game lets you do all this right from the get-go.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia allows players to use pictures stored in their PlayStation 3 units for "R/W disc" special attacks -- even pornographic ones. Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk. 2 allows Nepgear's CPU outfit to be customized via the Costume Canvas system, and "nude mods" have been made.
- Out of all the nude mods, few got the game's developer's attention other than that of Tomb Raider, resulting in the shutdown of the "Nude Raider" website.
- In the early days of arcade gaming, high score screens would ask you to enter your initials after getting a high score. Naturally, some people would enter ASS, SEX, FUK, or the like. Most later arcade machines have code to block such initials.
- The Soul Calibur series, specially the fourth instalment, had some pretty risque outfits for characters, wether they be original or a custom look for already existing characters, which meant you could have some rather striperrific looks for young characters like Talim or Amy.