Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- 2003: The Chicago Cubs were just only five outs away from a National League pennant, and a World Series date with either the Boston Red Sox or the New York Yankees. In the top of the 8th, Luis Castillo hit what seemed like an innocent foul ball... until Steve Bartman interfered with the ball, making it foul. No problem, the Cubs still needed a double play to slam the door on the Florida Marlins for good. Sure enough, that's what happened, and shortstop Alex S. Gonzalez booted it, starting an eight run Marlin rally. The Marlins would win Game Seven the next night in Wrigley Field.
- Any work stoppage applies here: the NHL lockouts in 1994 and 2004, the MLB strike in 1994, 1999 NBA lockout, 1987 NFL strike and 2011 lockout.
- August 9th, 1988: Wayne Gretzky is traded to the Los Angeles Kings from the Edmonton Oilers along with Marty Mc Sorley and Mike Krushelnyski for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, three first round picks, and cash. NDP leader Nelson Riis even wanted the Canadian government to block the deal from taking place.
- In another wham episode, the Oilers won the Stanley Cup two years later without Gretzky.
- The 2001 Daytona 500.
- July 1999 - Barry Sanders announces his retirement.
- The 2007 Fiesta Bowl, lowly Boise State defeats Superpower Oklahoma with a series of trick plays.
- Game 7 of the 2001 World Series.
- 2012: It's announced that The New Orleans Saints have been running a bounty program for years inclduing during their Super Bowl season.