|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Marcus and Kevin Copeland (played by Marlon and Shawn Wayans, respectively) are brothers and FBI agents. After botching an undercover operation, they are saddled with the task of babysitting socialites Brittany and Tiffany Wilson, who are the targets of a kidnapping scheme. After a car accident leaves the girls with a few minor scratches that they consider disfiguring facial wounds, they refuse to go to their planned destination in the Hamptons, where a major FBI operation is covertly being set up to protect the girls and oust the kidnapper. Not wanting to lose their jobs, Marcus and Kevin decide their only option is to go undercover as the Wilson sisters. Hilarity Ensues. Maybe.
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- Bedmate Reveal: Latrell wakes up to find that he is sharing his bed with Russ.
- Boomerang Bigot: Latrell
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Marcus' Wife, Gina. She even showed signs of this before Marcus went off on the case.
- Cowboy Cop: What Kevin aspires to be.
- Da Chief: Chief Gordon
- Different for Girls
- Disguised in Drag
- Expy/ No Celebrities Were Harmed: Brittany and Tiffany Wilson, for Paris and Nicky Hilton.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Latrell's line, "Once You go black, you're gonna need a wheelchair!" implies that he's too aggressive at sex with white girls, which leads the girls he goes with to end up temporarily disabled on their legs.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Terry Crews aka the really big bald black built-to-be-a-quarterback guy from Everybody Hates Chris, Get Smart and The Expendables is Latrell Spencer.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Latrell towards Marcus!Tiffany. He got better since he survived the shot.
- Hot Scoop: Intrepid Reporter Denise Porter
- Large Ham: Terry Crews as Latrell Spencer. Probably the funniest part of the movie.
- Larynx Dissonance
- Meaningful Name: "Vandergeld" means "for the money" in Dutch.
- N-Word Privileges: Played for Laughs.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The Wayans brothers still look like two black men, but the disguise seems to fool everyone. Shawn Wayans himself admits to being a "very ugly woman" in the DVD Extras.
- Sassy Black Woman: Marcus' wife, Gina.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Latrell.
- The Stoner: "Party Boy" Russ
- Those Two Guys: Agents Harper and Gomez; Heath and Russ, to a lesser extent.
- Twelfth Night Adventure
- Upperclass Twit: The Wilsons, their Girl Posse, and the Vandergelds
- What the Hell, Hero?: Both Copeland brothers. Their first mission ends up a failure for picking on the wrong gang, The FBI's two best agents get fired because of their crossdressing plan, and more. Fortunately, the brothers got better and saved the day.
- Where Da White Women At?: Latrell, to the point that when Marcus reveals himself, Latrell gets more upset that he's black, without even acknowledging that he's a man.
- White Like Me
- Wig, Dress, Accent