|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A 2004 comedy about three childhood friends who go on a dangerous camping trip to find D.B. Cooper's treasure. Along the way, they encounter a pair of trigger-happy pot farmers, two lovely tree-dwelling hippies, and much more.
A straight-to-DVD sequel was released in 2009.
- The Ace:
- Billy was one before he died, if the things his friends said are anything to go by.
- "Billy's dead and he still has a better chance of getting laid than I do."
- Awesome but Impractical: Lampshaded. The cleaver one of the pot farmers favours is "scary but ultimately ineffective."
- Big Bad Ensemble: The pot farmers and the sheriff.
- Butt Monkey: Dan.
- The Brutes: The pot farmers.
- Chekhov's Gun: Dan's cell phone and its Indiana Jones ringtone.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Del Knox is a literal example.
- Dirty Cop: The sheriff, who is secretly working with Elwood and Dennis.
- Fan Service: The hippie girls, until we see their extremely hairy legs.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The pot farmers and the sheriff are knocked unconscious when Jerry uses one of their grenades to cause a tree to fall on them during an attempted Heroic Sacrifice.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Randy from My Name Is Earl plays a pot farmer, for one.
- Mama Bear: A literal one, who displays maternal instincts towards Dan.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Del Knox, who was also D.B. Cooper's partner.
- Nobody Poops: Inverted when the hippie girls throw bags of their own feces at the pot farmers in order to distract them while the guys make a getaway.
- Playing Against Type: This is one of the few times when Seth Green is not cast as an outgoing Loveable Rogue and instead is a paranoid and uptight Butt Monkey.