|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Word World is a very odd preschool show that centers on Funny Animals and a non-anthro dog — who are all living words. They live in Wordville and can build new things out of letters. If you need a house, just build one out of the appropriate letters.
Pretty convoluted for something that's meant to teach kids how to spell, but whatever works.
Target has made a lot of merchandise for the show.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Either there are two main cats, one a blue Siamese cat and one a purple cat with a white muzzle, facial blaze, and white paws, or Cat changes color depending on her job in the episode. Also, why are Sheep's arms and legs purple? Pig's hooves . . . they sure like purple in this show.
- Carnivore Confusion: Shark
- Chaste Toons: Pig's three nephews
- Christmas Episode: "The Christmas Star / A Christmas Present for Dog"
- Deadpan Snarker: Duck
- Disembodied Eyebrows
- A Dog Named "Dog".... and a sheep, and a bear, and a duck, and a frog...
- The Everyman: Sheep
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Averted with shark.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The animals themselves.
- Four-Legged Insect: Inverted with Cricket and averted with the other insects.
- Cricket has eight legs like an arachnid and Spider has six legs (and two antennae) like an insect.
- Funny Animal: Everyone except Dog and Cow.
- Furry Confusion: Cow and Dog rarely talk, though often Dog's barks sound close to words. There are even realistic sea creatures.
- Dog can't talk, but he actually owns a house, whereas Pig lives in a barn, Bear lives in a cave, Sheep lives in hay, Frog lives in a log, and Duck has a nest.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Pig and Ant, Duck and Frog, and Bear and Sheep
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Who knew that Sheep was Ash Ketchum?
- Interactive Narrator: He is sometimes heard talking with the characters, usually at the beginning of a story.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Potentially any noun that refers to a living thing.
- Living Prop: Cow
- Merchandise-Driven: Tons of merchandise sold at Target. The new characters introduced for merchandise who don't appear in the show presumably have been Killed Off for Real.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: In an episode in which Pig is sneezing, Sheep attempts to take him to the hospital.
- No Cartoon Fish: Only a few cartoony fish have been seen.
- Our Monsters Are Different: Monster, who is a red monster shaped like his name.
- Partially-Civilized Animal: Any four-legged Word World character (Tiger, Elephant, Turtle, Monkey, Dog, Cat, and Goat)
- Shaped Like Itself: Litteraly.
- Single-Minded Twins: Pig's nephews
- The Smart Guy: Frog
- Steam Never Dies: The train is a large blue steam locomotive shaped like the word "TRAIN" that is for some reason fuelled by letters, couldn't decide whether it should have a 2-2-2 or a 4-2-0 wheel arrangement, and doesn't have anyone driving it.
- Tailfin Walking: Shark