Cobra Kai Season 4 - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Examples of X Meets Y/Tabletop Games include:
- Cthulhu Tech can very easily be summed up as "Neon Genesis Evangelion meets Macross meets RahXephon meets the Cthulhu Mythos" as stated. This is a selling point.
- Chaos is Warhammer 40000 meets Planescape meets Spelljammer meets Nobilis meets Continuum meets Dragonball Z meets Akira meets DC's Green Lantern comics meets Orions Arm meets Transhuman Space meets Rifts meets Gamma World meets the The Invisibles comics meets Deus Ex meets The Illuminatus! book trilogy meets the Night's Dawn trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton meets the collected works of Robert A. Heinlein. Yeah. That's literally the only way to describe the madness (or awesomeness, depending on your point of view) that is Chaos.
- FATAL can be summed up as D&D meets hardcore porn and math textbooks. But that's an insult to D&D and math textbooks.
- FATAL is European folklore meets untreated schizophrenia meets I'd really rather not think about what else.
- Spelljammer (on a demotivator) was once described as "Star Trek meets Dungeons & Dragons. It's like porn for nerds."
- Shadowrun is Warhammer meets the collected works of William Gibson meets Blade Runner meets the collected works of Neal Stephenson.
- Exalted, one half of fantasy fiction meets the other half.
- GURPS is d20 Modern meets Champions.
- Scion insists it's American Gods meets Exalted, actually Class of the Titans (though multi-pantheon) meets Exalted would be a much closer summary.
- Rifts is Dungeons and Dragons meets Mad Max meets Robotech.
- Dark Heresy is Warhammer 40000 meets Dungeons and Dragons. Sort of.
- Eberron is Dungeons and Dragons meets Pirates of the Caribbean meets a whole load of other stuff.
- Warhammer 40000: The Imperium is Dune meets the Spanish Inquisition meets Nazi Germany meets Soviet Russia. Yes, it is that sort of place.
- Lost Worlds (and its Japanese twin series Queen's Blade) is Dungeons and Dragons meets Street Fighter, with a dash of Conan the Barbarian and Blood Sport. And Fan Service by the ton.
- SLA Industries is Blade Runner meets A Clockwork Orange.
- Paranoia is basically Portal meets I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream.
- Paranoia is Kafka meets Orwell meets the Marx Brothers.
- Malekith would be a cross between Revan and Satan, with a measure of Ferdinand Magellan thrown in, but he predates Revan.
- Bliss Stage is Neon Genesis Evangelion meets Inception.
- Monsterpocalypse is Mazinger Z, meets Godzilla, meets Ultraman, meets Cthulhu, and every other Kaiju stereotype thrown in.
- Mortasheen is Pokémon meets The Nightmare Before Christmas meets Warhammer 40000