|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
X Meets Y is hosted on numerous sites, such as Smack Jeeves, Drunk Duck, and Manga Bullet. It's updated on Sundays, most of the time. The story is progressing very slowly so far and occasionally falls victim to Schedule Slip.
The author of X Meets Y is One of Us, TV Troper Beary Scary.
The first chapter deals with Julia Jones, who is being investigated by the mysterious, much-malinged Seal of Uroboros. Yajirobe observes two Templars of the Seal trying to search Dr. Jones' house, only to run into her secret headfirst.
Contains examples of:
- Alt Text: On most pages.
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Yajirobe.
- Art Evolution: Hopefully.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: One of the reasons why the comic exists at all.
- A Day in the Limelight: Another reason why the comic exists.
- Expy: Several:
- The rival character featured in the cover page and in the first page resembles Dante with his long red coat and lightly colored hair. Which is weird, since he was inspired more by Miles Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
- Vipo. See Mix-and-Match Critters below.
- The female Templar resembles Android 18.
- Julia herself is basically Bulma.
- Failed a Spot Check: The Templars carry the seal of King Furry, the highest authority in the land of Dragon Ball. Yajirobe doesn't recognize it.
- Fun with Acronyms: Vipo's name is actually an acronym.
- Insufferable Genius: Dr. Jones. She can be outright rude.
- Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Game: The female character featured on the right side of the series' banner hasn't appeared... yet.
- Male Gaze
- Ms. Fanservice: Dr. Jones is intended to be this, although The Stoic female Templar is rather prettier.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Vipo looks kind of like a cat-slash-Jigglypuff, yet has a gelatinous, slightly translucent appearance. And wings.
- Ret-Gone: Fun fact: The series first opened with two totally different pages. You will never find them. Ever. They've long been replaced with one new page.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Vipo.
- The Rival
- Schedule Slip: Every now and then.
- Self Fanservice: Another reason why the comic exists... arguably.
- The Stoic or The Voiceless: The only female Templar seen thus far has no dialog.
- Sunday Strip: Intentionally. Hey, isn't it funny how this and Schedule Slip both rhyme?!
- Those Two Guys: The two Templars.
- Tsundere: Dr. Jones, Type A.